TFE: Update

The Family Experiment has been going so well. We did got to the store to pick up some things for the party we attended this weekend, but I knew we would need to do that. The only problem I have run into involves our trip to the lake this weekend. I broke the rules and picked up a few things that we needed, but overall, I am still pleased with the results.

Here are some things I’ve learned so far:

1. I have saved a lot of time not going to the grocery store and not cutting coupons. (I don’t want to give up the couponing hobby, but all things in moderation right?)

2. I have saved a lot of money. There is/was so much in our house to eat! I realized that we didn’t need a lot of the things I was purchasing.

3. I have made a lot of different things from scratch instead of from a mix or pre-made package.

4. It was nice to stay home more and not be out and about all the time.



I went to the store yesterday and picked up a few things that we needed; bread, milk, eggs, and a ton of produce. That’s probably the best part of this experiment. We are complimenting so many of the things we are eating with fresh fruits and veggies – more so than we were before.

There were a few things for the trip that I picked up; chips, donuts, cookies (for Dad), butter (because I didn’t realize how much more I would use making things from scratch). I also purchased hot dog/hamburger buns which I guess fall under the bread category, but I wasn’t sure.

I still have a few days left of the experiment so we will see what happens.

2 comments:

Grampy said...

That sounds real interesting. I want to see the results.

This Real Mommy said...

I'm almost to the goal. I will post the complete results when I get back from vacation on Monday. Thanks for coming by. :)