New Way to Keep Track of Chores


Now that the kids are getting a little older it is time for them to take on a little more responsibility. I considered letting them start working with the online bill pay for our bank and balancing our budget, but then reconsidered as it may be a little over their heads. (Son is going to be six next month and Daughter will be four on Saturday.)

So we started simple with bed making, trash dumping and a few other random things around the house. So we looked for a chore chart around town but it was tough to find something that fit our family and out specific needs. I started thinking: What if the kids wanted to change chores? What happens as they grow up? Do I really need one more piece of paper on the fridge?

When I came across GoalForIt.com, I knew I had found our solution. We were able to sit down with each of the kids and create a chart out of the pictures that they enjoyed. We could use the already set tasks or change them up with some of our own. For me, the best part was not having to print anything out. Sure the option is there, but because I am on the computer so much anyway, it is easy for us to sit down at the end of the night and check off how we did.

After a little exploration I found that the site isn't just a place to keep the kids straight. We have a family chart that keeps us staying within the budget, getting homework done with the kids and even a place to check of when the bathroom gets cleaned. I have yet to convince husband that this would be a great chore for him to take on.

So mommies, if you are out there and don't want any more paperwork floating around the house but need an easy way to teach the kiddos chores and responsibilities, this may be a great option for you.

Also, the best part . . .IT'S FREE! (And you know how I feel about free stuff!) I'd love to hear how it works out for any of you that try it!

No comments: