Sleep Walking Son

The night before last, we had and interesting experience with Son. At about 9:45pm, we heard (through the monitor) his door swing wide open and hit the stopper on the wall. Husband and I sat up, wondering what the deal was. Sometimes he wakes up to go the the bathroom, but he is usually very quiet.

I opened the door to our bedroom carefully (he has scared me to death in the dark before when headed to our room). He met me mid way in the hall with his leopard in hand. Leopard was a Valentine's Day gift. He looked up at me and announced that he would no longer be able to take care of leopard. He put him in my hands, turned and walked away.

It was so strange that I just stood there for a minute waiting to see what he would do. Next thing I know, he is walking around in a circle around our kitchen island and around the playroom over and over. He was muttering something to himself about running out of milk. I thought maybe he would take a lap or two and head off to bed. Nope. He just kept waking.

I called Husband to come check this out. He couldn't believe it either. There was Son, late at night, walking around and muttering to himself. We could not stop laughing. It was the funniest thing.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous to stop him because I wasn't sure if it would scare him, so I gently reached for his hand and walked him back into his room. I tucked leopard in beside him and he rolled right over and closed his eyes.

I can't wait to tell him this one when he gets older.

No comments: