How to Subscribe to A Blog

I’m not sure about all of you, but I am pretty new to this whole blogging think. I lurked around a couple of other blogs for a while before actually committing myself to them. (Lurking sounds kind of creepy – but I can assure you, it was not J)

If you want to know when a blog has been updated, but you don’t want to keep going by the site to check, you can subscribe to the blog. I think there is a way to subscribe to a blog and have all updates to it sent to you in email. I have not figured out how to do that yet. (I told you I was new to this) But, if you do know and want to post about that you can email me, or leave it in the comment section.

I signed up with www.bloglines.com and created an account. After confirming my email address, I was able to add different blog addresses into my account. Now, when I sign in with Bloglines a list of the sites I have subscribed to are shown on the left side of the screen. All blogs that have been updated are in bold. All you have to do is click on the bold title and the blog article will come up for you to read.

You have the opportunity to organize your blogs as well as keep certain posts new. This way, you can come back to specific things when you want to. This is such a convenient way for me to keep up with multiple sites without all of the effort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, so you can add a blog roll to your blog and enter all the blog sites you read regularly. then all you have to do it log into your blog and on the left or right hand side will be the blog names and their latest entries and the time they were last updated. hope this helps