Going on Vacation Again

I know, I haven’t been posting as much as I should. And, it gets worse; I am leaving for vacation on Monday and will not be back until the end of the week. I am headed off to a place that has probably never even heard of wireless Internet. Still, the laptop is going with me.

And so, in my guilt, I have decided to get out a few quick stories from the past two weeks. And these are not just the run of the mill stories. These are nice and embarrassing. I hope you enjoy!


Our first “up the nose” incident occurred last week. We were just leaving soccer practice and Son had some type of small cracker type snack. In the car, I glance over my shoulder and see Son picking his nose. Of course, I have to explain that “Picking our nose is very gross and there in never a reason that we need to do this.” I start looking through my purse for a tissue when Son says, “But what if there is something up there and you just want to get it to come out?”

I knew we were in trouble. I thought about it for a minute and told him I had a better idea to get it out. (By the way, Husband is driving. No need to imagine me doing all this while steering our car on the road.) I plugged up one side of his nose and asked him to blow. Sure enough, out popped a little snot-covered cracker. Moral of the story: Now that we have experienced that dreaded item “up the nose” incident, I am hopeful that maybe we will be able to avoid this in the future with Daughter. (I know, probably not!)


Sometimes, we say things around our children, even joking, that we wish they would never repeat in front of other people. I am glad to say that this one comes courtesy of Husband. Sister-In-Law came over for a play date last week. She has an adorable infant girl (we will call her Cousin.) So cousin had a dirty diaper and her mommy was changing her in the playroom on the floor. Son walked up to check out what was going on. He proceeded to announce that the baby had “dropped a deuce.” Oh yeah, you read that right. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. Meanwhile, I am standing there with a look of horror on my face. Needless to say, Husband refrains from saying that anymore!

No comments: