Good In Bed

I knew that would get your attention. I am coming back from what feels like a long hiatus and I needed something to get the readers back. I figured this title would help the blog pick up a few more hits from Google. (ha, ha)

During my vacation, I did read Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. I had never heard of the book before, but came across it one someone else’s blog. I think it was part of their recommended summer reading. I’m glad I went out on a limb on this one.

Just carrying the book around on the plane and in the airport was an interesting experience. The cover is interesting and the title certainly peaks people’s interest. I wasn’t sure what to expect. At first, I thought this would be one more romance novel with a predictable storyline and a perfect ending. That was not the case; all issues were not perfectly resolved at the end.

The book is worth reading just to experience the main characters sarcasm and outlook on life! Here is the summary given by the publisher: (I always give away too much or not enough information)

For twenty-eight years, things have been tripping along nicely for Cannie Shapiro. Sure, her mother has come charging out of the closet, and her father has long since dropped out of her world. But she loves her friends, her rat terrier, Nifkin, and her job as pop culture reporter for The Philadelphia Examiner. She's even made a tenuous peace with her plus-size body.
But the day she opens up a national women's magazine and sees the words "Loving a Larger Woman" above her ex-boyfriend's byline, Cannie is plunged into misery...and the most amazing year of her life. From Philadelphia to Hollywood and back home again, she charts a new course for herself: mourning her losses, facing her past, and figuring out who she is and who she can become.

If you need a good laugh and an easy read, you have to check this one out at the library.

No comments: