A Mother’s Proud Moment

This morning, I heard Son playing in the laundry room. He was pretending to be David from the story of David and Goliath in the Bible. I can hear that he is swinging something over his head and he is just letting that “giant” have it.

My initial thoughts:

One, those bedtime Bible story readings are really working! The information in getting in! We are doing such a good job as parents!

Two, we don’t own a slingshot, so he must have found something else to use. He is so creative. I must have a genius on my hands!

Then, reality hit as I walked around the corner to see what was going on. Son was swinging something over his head; just not what I expected. It was lingerie (and not just a pretty nightgown). Yes, he was trying to put a ball in it and swinging it around. I can only imagine what my face looked like.

Son says, “I found a slingshot Mommy! Can I take it outside and use a rock?”

My final thoughts:

One, can you imagine the neighbors looking over the fence to see Son with said item in his hands, swinging it over his head, filled with rocks, yelling at imaginary giant?

Two, how much is this going to cost me in therapy one day?

1 comment:

Heather Fiello said...

Martin and I will have to have a second - hopefully a son, so we can enjoy these funny moments!