Momstown Week One – Summary

Saying that I blew it this week would probably be an understatement. I would like to blame it on Husband. (He has been home more than usual, and so kind of throws the schedule off a little), but alas, it is my own fault. Here’s how things have stacked up this week:

1. I did make the bed everyday this week. I have to admit, it does make a difference. It is nice to have one place in the house that is free of toys and clutter and looks complete. Even if the room isn’t perfect, at least the bed looks good. It does provide some time to think about the day and how it is going to go. My next challenge will really be this weekend. Those days are usually lazy days.

2. Here it is; the update post. Check that one off the list.

3. The journal – Okay this one is such a bummer. I wrote on Sunday and Monday, but that was it. This is interesting considering that we have so much going on right now. There is a lot to write about, I just haven’t taken the time. I can’t lie – I want to blame this one on Husband too because he has been home, but it is me. I am going to write tonight. That will put me up to three.

4. So I did the mantra. I am so uncreative when it comes to something like this. I still feel a little silly saying it out loud. I even tested out saying it in front of the kids. Son and Daughter looked at me as if the men in the white coats were coming to take me away to the padded room. It’s a fond memory that I will treasure forever. Anyway, the mantra is, “I have the potential to be everything I dream of being.” (Yes, it is straight from one of the suggestions in the book.)

I loved the “Gal Truths.” I jotted them down in the journal to give me some quick points to think about.

What did everyone else think about the first chapter and the first week?

No comments: