Just an Idea . . . .

Has anyone ever read The Momstown Guide to Getting It All (A Life Makeover for Stay-at-Home Moms)? I started it a long time ago (after Son was born) but didn’t finish reading it and didn’t really give it a chance. I’ve since picked it back up and wanted to start again, but I have run into a little trouble.

In the first chapter, you need to gather “tools” that will help you with the process of getting a life. I am missing my Ethel; someone to be accountable to, someone to be able to share the ups and the downs with. (Just like I Love Lucy) Thus, my idea , , , ,

Maybe I am not the only person having a tough time finding Ethel. Maybe it would be fun to try and read something like this with a group and have everyone be able to add their input and share their opinions about what they are reading. Maybe, this would be the perfect outlet to keeping me accountable to do the reading and actually apply it. I wanted to start Monday (8/11) and follow it through for the whole ten weeks. I can’t decide whether to commit to posting about the book on Mondays and Fridays or just start the book and see where it goes.

I would love to hear everyone’s ideas about this and if anyone else is interested. You can check the book out from the library (free) and I think you need a journal (everyone has some paper laying around their house) so it won’t cost anything.

So, here’s the deal: If you are interested – post in the comments and let me know. I know that people are reading and checking the blog, but not posting comments. No worries, I am a “lurker” on quite a few blogs and I never post anything. If this is you, take the chance!

The Momstown Guide to Getting It All: A Life Makeover for Stay-at-Home Moms by Mary Goulet and Heather Reider

(Miss Maggie & ACDC this is for you) Anyone else have any ideas on a fiction book that we could read, discuss, etc?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do it with you if I can find the book

This Real Mommy said...

Yipee! So far, it's you and me!!

Anonymous said...

I ordered the book today. I found it used on Amazon for 4.50 + shipping. But I ended up finding an auction on ebay for $2 I should get it shipped in 3-9 days... We can start then. Maybe some other people will want to read it with us.

Heather Fiello said...

I reserved the book from the library when I read your blog. I'll go by today to see if it's arrived. I can't make any promises about reading faithfully, but I'll try.

This Real Mommy said...

Three of us total!! Who else is up for it?